Welcome to Junior Inventors top 10 crazy inventor facts of the month – where we bring you the most ‘whaaaat?’ facts on inventors of past and present.
Stay tuned for more mind blowing facts to come.
1. The electric chair was invented by a dentist
2. In 2012, a 10 year old accidentally created a new molecule in science class: Tetranitratoxycarbon.
3. Leonardo da Vinci never built the inventions he designed.
4. 48 years after cans were introduced – the can opener was invented.
5. In 1972, Ray Tomlinson sent the first electronic mail, or “email”. It was also his idea to use the @ sign to separate the name of the user from the name of the computer.
6. The inventor of the famous guitars, Telecaster and Stratocaster was a man named Leo Fender, and he could not play the guitar!
7. Robert Chesebrough, the inventor of Vaseline, used to eat a spoonful of it every day.
8. No one knows who invented the fire hydrant because its patent was burned in a fire.
9. The first toothbrush was invented in 1498.
10. Henry Shrapnel (1761-1842) invented the explosive shell that gave shrapnel its name.